Follow Us


Answer Questions, Help the Community and Become an Expert!


The web's most trusted destination for Health Questions & Answers

Amenorrhea for 18 months. Took birth control pill for 8 years. What should I do?

My period is absent for almost 18 months now. My gynecologist prescribed Provera but I’m scared with the side effects some people mention. What would you suggest that I take? Regunova, Gynol Syrup, Ashoka? Are these really effective? What about side effects? I haven’t heard anyone who had good or bad results with it. 

In: Menstrual Problems, Posted 6 years ago

By: Level Rating Level Rating2 points

1 Answer

Answer #1

Hello And Greetings From Ayurvedic Cure

Ammenorrhea is defined as missing periods in the  reproductive age. There can be different causes of right from stress, immediate weight gain or loss, certain medications, hypothalmic and pituitary causes.

This is not a disease but symptom of the underlying disorder. So it is very important to find the cause of the problem. Start with Retone capsules Take one capsule twice a day after meal with Milk.

Tests should be done including the blood tests to know the levels of Pituitary hormones and Some times MRI And CT to knw involvement of hypothalamus.

If nothing is diagnosed by the above techniques then go for Thyroid tests and prolactin Levels.

The above product helps in lowering the prolactin levels to ensure periods.

Use the product regularly for desired period to get results.

Thank you Support

Answers Answered By: Alice Level Rating1717 points

Leave an Answer

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to Answer this Question
Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »