What is Duhring’s Disease/Dermatitis herpetiformis?
Duhring’s Disease or Dermatitis herpetiformis is one type of dermatitis that causes an itchy sensation. This is normally linked to the consumption of gluten and dairy products. This occurs in young adults, in particular men from northern Europe.
The visual appearance of this is small clusters of red and these are itchy. They look like small water blisters which can easily be scratched off. There will be a burning sensation prior to the formation of these blisters. New blisters appear once the old blisters heal. This condition is for life.
What causes Dermatitis herpetiformis?
The exact reason for the occurrence of Dermatitis herpetiformis is not known. Normally this occurs when people are in their twenties; however, children are also affected at times. Both women and men are affected by this. This is linked to sensitivity of gluten in the bowel.
What are the Symptoms for Dermatitis herpetiformis?
The following are the common symptoms for dermatitis herpetiformis:
• Intense burning sensation
• Itching/stinging around the knees, elbows, scalp, back and buttocks.
• There will be wild fluctuations in the symptoms for dermatitis herpetiformis
How to treat Dermatitis herpetiformis?
• The majority of patients are likely to benefit from taking the antibiotic Dapsone; however, this medicine has side effects.
• Taking Oregon grape root detoxifies your body, thereby reducing inflammation.
• Mix vitamin E oil and goldenseal root powder; add a small amount of honey and make it a loose paste. If you apply this on the affected area, you will be able to stop itching and aid in healing.
• Highly potent steroids might help in curing it.
• Use antiseptic cream made from tea oil and massage area affected.
How to prevent Dermatitis herpetiformis?
• Eggs, wheat, peanuts and dairy products should be avoided.
• Use a moisturizing lotion that is free of perfume daily
• Ensure that there is sufficient humidity in your house; since baths and showers are likely to reduce the natural oil in your skin, it is essential that you limit the number of showers and baths you take.
• For infants suffering from Dermatitis herpetiformis, use primrose oil as well as vitamin B6.