Follow Us


Answer Questions, Help the Community and Become an Expert!


The web's most trusted destination for Health Questions & Answers

what can we do for a continuous nonstop headache (five months)in a fourteen year old girl.

I have a 14 year old daughter who has had a headache for 5 months.  Nothing over the counter helps.  She is tired, not thinking very clearly, often complains of sore throat and stomach ache.  MRI came our clear.  Labs are good but eosinophils came out at 5 and monocytes at .6 .  Also the alk phos isoenzyme liver fraction at 11 and bone fraction at 89.    Could she have parasites that are causing the headache?  What can we do?

In: Headache, Posted 5 years ago

By: Level Rating Level Rating2 points

1 Answer

Answer #1

Hello and Greetings from Ayurvediccure

If  your daughter has a normal exam and a negative MRI, that is sufficient to determine the lack of any physical abnormality as the cause.

In this case headache can be Stress-related { family or school problems}Tension Type Headache,Menstrual migraine{ in Menstruating girls}, Chronic daily headache.

Some adolescent girls have migraine headaches around the time that their menstrual period begins. This is usually started a few days before and continues for a few days after the menstrual period starts.

Chronic daily headache is not a type of headache but a category that includes frequent headaches of various kinds. Most children with chronic daily headache have migraine or tension-type headache.

Stress always plays a major role. In my practice, all of these patients are seen by a psychologist who specialize in children with chronic pain.

Lifestyle changes include regular schedule, adequate sleep, adequate hydration, regular exercise, the avoidance of over-use of OTC medication and a special diet.

This may include psychological counseling, relaxation therapy, or biofeedback. Biofeedback teaches the child to voluntarily control certain body functions, like heart rate, blood pressure, and muscle tension. If the headaches do not improve with rescue medication than.

You are advised to see a specialist healthcare provider where child can be evaluated.





Answers Answered By: Mosley Level Rating1292 points

Leave an Answer

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to Answer this Question
Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »